Washington Quitclaim Deed

Washington Quitclaim Deed

Transfer property in Washington quickly and easily using this simple legal form. You can use a quitclaim deed to:

  • transfer property to or from a revocable living trust
  • transfer property to one spouse as part of a divorce
  • transfer one co-owner’s interests to another co-owner
  • transfer property you own by yourself into co-ownership with someone else
  • change the way owners hold title to the property
  • and more

You can save and edit the form before you buy -- just create a Nolo.com account. It's easy, free, and there's no obligation to buy anything. If you purchase the form, you'll be able to print, send, or download it.

See below for a full product description.

Return document to:




Alternate Selection: [number of grantors]
Label Contract Text
one grantor The grantor, , whose place of residence is , for and in consideration of , conveys and quitclaims to 
two grantors The grantors, , whose place of residence is , and , whose place of residence is , for and in consideration of , convey and quitclaim to

, whose place of residence is , all interest in the following described real estate:

situated in the county of , state of Washington.
Keep Together
Tax parcel ID no. .
Unchangeable Alternate Selection: [number of signatures]
Label Contract Text
one grantor

Dated this _____ day of __________________, 20_____.


two grantors

Dated this _____ day of __________________, 20_____.



Page Break


Certificate of Acknowledgment of Notary Public

State of Washington

County of ____________________

I certify that I know or have satisfactory evidence that _______________________________________________ is/are the person(s) who appeared before me, and said person(s) acknowledged that (he/she/they) signed this instrument and acknowledged it to be (his/her/their) free and voluntary act for the uses and purposes mentioned in the instrument.

Dated: ____________________

(Signature of officer and seal or stamp)


My appointment expires: _____________________



Loading your form ...

1-Year Subscription

Price: $34.99

Legally transfer property in Washington with this simple form

Using a quitclaim deed is a common and simple way to transfer property.  It conveys whatever interest you have in a piece of property without making any promises about the type of interest you’re conveying.

You can use Nolo’s Washington Quitclaim Deed to do the following and more:

  • transfer property to or from a revocable living trust
  • transfer property to one spouse as part of a divorce
  • clarify an ambiguity about inherited property-- for example, by giving up potential rights to inherited real estate
  • settle uncertainties about other kinds of claims -- for example, by relinquishing the rights to an easement
  • transfer one co-owner’s interest to another co-owner  -- for example, when one co-owner buys out another
  • transfer part of your interest to a new co-owner -- for example, by transferring property you own by yourself into shared ownership with someone else
  • change the way owners hold title to the property -- for example, by transferring title from joint tenants to tenants in common, or the other way around.

Nolo's Washington Quitclaim Deed includes up-to-date instructions for preparing a quitclaim deed, getting it notarized, and recording (filing) it with the county recorder. You'll learn how to: 

  • find out whether you must pay Washington's real estate excise tax
  • obtain the assessor's tax number for the property
  • complete your quitclaim deed
  • get a county treasurer's stamp, and
  • record your deed with the correct county office.

Additional Technical Support FAQs

In order for the Online Interactive Form to work properly, it is best to use:


  • Chrome, Firefox, IE 8 or higher
  • Adobe Reader 9 or higher
  • JavaScript must be enabled

Macintosh OS X

  • Safari, Chrome, or Firefox
  • Adobe Reader 9 or higher, or Preview
  • JavaScript must be enabled

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought

Customer Reviews

1 Review





Review Check with wherever you are going to file your quitclaim deed beforehand by Anonymous
Although the wording from Nolo seems appropriate and accurate, the clerk for the Treasurer in Yakima County where I filed my quitclaim deed recommended a local office supply store for their template quitclaim deed form. I used that insted because it reduced the number of pages to file from three to one, and the clerk liked the format of that document better than Nolo's.
(Posted on 10/19/2016)