Loading your form ...
Give new tenants the basic information they need in one document
Your lease or rental agreement gives the broad overview and legal details involved in renting out a dwelling, but it's important to provide a new tenant with the basic information they need at the beginning of their tenancy. Nolo's Move-In Letter provides you with the basics for creating a move-in letter suitable for your building and situation.
In one document, clearly lay out:
- the manager's phone number and other contact information
- emergency contact information and instructions
- rules and procedures that are too numerous or detailed for a lease or rental agreement
- maintenance dos and don'ts
- new roommate procedure
- an overview of the move-out procedure
Plus, as an extra precaution, be sure to have the tenant sign the final page indicating that they have read and understood the contents to avoid disputes down the road.