Loading your form ...
Leave your housesitter clear instructions for the care and maintenance of your home while you're away
When you've arranged for a friend or relative (or even a friend of a friend) to housesit while you're away from home for an extended period of time, it's always a good idea to provide written instructions for them to follow.
Use Nolo's Housesitting Instructions eForm to lay out:
- what to do about mail, newspapers, recycling and garbage
- expected garden and yard care
- how to operate appliances
- details on locks and security systems
- where you keep necessary supplies
- who's got an extra key to your home
- contact information for plumbers and insurance agents
The form also provides space for you to list details on how to reach you while you're away, as well as the names and phone numbers of local contacts that can help if there's ever a problem or a question from your housesitter.